Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mermaid Mini Quilt















This beautiful three dimensional mini quilt was done by Anne Davis. It is the second one she completed, this one long after class was over. As is usual for me, I had given too many choices for how students could represent themselves in these vision quilts, and it was a bit difficult choosing just who one might wish to be.



Anne writes: This mermaid is my sense of fun and play, which I seem to have lost. She's surrounded by light and color and friends...all fun and no worries.

She hasn't told me her name yet, that that takes time, I've found. She seems to want to be called Calypso, because of the dance, which to me evokes light, color, and fun, not because of the mythology or the boat (or the John Denver song, for that matter). Calypso, she is, then.



1 Comments:

Blogger Gena Lumbroso said...

Gorgeous! I too, am still "working"! Thanks both of you for sharing Calypso with us!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main