Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Definition of Artist












When do you know that you have truly become an artist? I think those moments come frequently, and all we have to do is pay attention.

I had one of these "Ahah!" moments yesterday when I rushed into the kitchen, alerted by a strange odor and the dinner bell....which, in my case, is an obnoxious screeching smoke alarm. This is what I saw! I didn't think, "oh, what a mess!" Oh, no.....I thought "How beautiful!" and rushed to get my camera. (Can't explain the urgency I felt, because where was the pot going to go?) Who but an artist could appreciate such beautiful color? And, also, how can I reproduce this on paper? I may have to go with metal. Beet juice and fire! Hmm....is the pot cleanable? Is the stove cleanable? How much does it matter?


2 Comments:

Blogger Gena Lumbroso said...

I love it!

3:26 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

That was a great little story. I'm right there with you.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main