Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Color Inspiration





One way to work with color is to use the color wheel, but a much easier way is to observe interesting color combinations which just "happen". My own work became more vibrant after visiting Oaxaca.  Spending time there seemed to imprint the colors on my brain. 


I think the next best thing is to study imagery less directly.  These photos are from Morocco (a country I may have to place on my Bucket List).  Notice how the bottom photo is a softer version of bright color.
These are shades, pure saturated color with just a little bit of black or brown added.  


Play with it!



Labels:


4 Comments:

Blogger weezie said...

Ah, color! My inspiration, my joy! And i'm not even an artist! Oh, and are these textiles???? More fun, fun!!!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

Ah, but you have the soul of an artist!!! The uppermost photo is of textiles, the second is of spices, and the third is of dye-stuffs...and, it looks like, little trinkets.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Linda Morgan said...

Hi Chaska, I'm struggling with color right now in a beading project and your photos have provided me with inspiration. I love the spices!

6:17 AM  
Blogger Gena Lumbroso said...

Such inspiration!

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main