Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dia de los Muertos















It is finished!  This is the cigar box shrine I made to be auctioned off to benefit the street children of Oaxaca. 

I added more glittery embellishments and other detail on the inside.  The outside is a collage framed in traditional cigar box banding.

I wrestled with this piece a bit, but once I got the idea of the exuberant background for the wedding couple, the rest came easily.  

See here for more information about this auction. I will also be posting more information here in the future.

Labels:


1 Comments:

Anonymous rebecca said...

i am just home from san miguel and happily visiting my blog family. how fantastic to see what you have created!!!

love this so so much, and so will each child you will help with your generosity.

xoxoxxo,
rebecca

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main