Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Rock Star, Music, and Cats

These pieces were almost completed when I discovered the problem with using spray paints.

I still have not figured out how to handle this and, forgetting completely, bought a new color which beckoned me yesterday.

Yes, the Body Shop still has my car, and yesterday I rented one and bought spray paint.  I think the fumes may have affected my brain.

 

This box is titled "Rockstar".  It began as a Day of the Dead piece, but I lost control and it morphed into this.  I am still thinking about whether the front and the inside work well together.  
 
Music and Cats!  Oh, yes, this is my favorite!  The only thing which would be even better is music,cats,and art.:-)  Oh, and money, too?  I've got all of those wrapped up right here in this box.
The quote on the inside left is "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life...Music and Cats" by Albert Schweitzer....and we all know he was a very smart man..





Labels: ,


1 Comments:

Blogger Pam McKnight said...

I like them both and I think the inside of the first fits with the outside. I once made a dia de los muertos piece that was an homage to dead musicians- so there is a tie-in!
http://pammcknight.blogspot.com/

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main