Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A little bit about passions.....

Perhaps some people come to this life with passionate personalities, but I didn't. It was only when it dawned on me that way more years of my life were behind me than in front of me, that I suddenly developed passions....which I define as strong feelings, with real energy behind them, perhaps at times, even intense feelings.

One thing leads to another, as the saying goes. One day I was looking up the word 'Milagro', the next I was falling in love with Mexican religous folk art, and then I was in Oaxaca, the most glorious trip I have ever taken.

I discovered my passionate interest in teaching the same way.....Explore a rubber stamp store,
explore paper, paint, inks, and suddenly I am in a new world. I had to sample everything.....including fabrics, fantastic fibers and much, much more. What do I do with all this wonderful stuff? Make art! Teach others to play with this wonderful stuff! Then, one day I
find myself in a classroom with adults with whom to share my discoveries.....and I am in heaven!
It is one of the most gratifying experiences I have ever had. I can hardly wait until the next time!


1 Comments:

Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

That trip to Oaxaca is still my favorite of all the trips which followed!:-) Most probably this is true because I was out of my self-imposed prison....flying!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main