Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Thursday, October 13, 2005

New Challenges

Nothing as I knew it is quite the same. I am now in Texas, very different from California. People are very friendly and polite, but that does not necessarily go hand in hand with "niceness". I should not make any value judgments, though, because I am in no position to interpret customs.

As of today I have been here one month. I am still waiting to unpack my art supplies which I cannot do until my shelving arrives and is installed. "Feathering my nest" is kind of fun, but I am feeling impatient to start creating art. Not doing art for weeks always makes me grumpy!

I so miss Stamper's Warehouse. There is nothing like that here. Art seems to be thought of as painting....but, I certainly have not seen everything there is, yet!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Austin Area. I came to your page via joggles.com. I love your art work, it is very inspiring. Maybe you should contact the Austin Art School as I know they are always looking for new ideas. http://www.amoa.org/site/PageServer?pagename=art_theartschool.

It might be worth put the word verification option on your blog (found under settings/comments tab) to stop comments like the first on this post.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

Thank you, Jacqui! Please stay in touch. Mai-Liis

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main