Art Alchemy Studio



Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Nothing New Under the Sun.

Several of us in the HMM group participated in a Frida bendi doll RR.
I sent mine off with her head cut off
(I hate bendis!), and I substituted a picture of Frida on board, then gluing a frame around her head. (I hoped that others would add more paper and metal items, making my Frida into a mixed media piece). As it is, I have not seen her "in the flesh" as she is with Nancy DeSantis in Santa Fe before the whole group is sent for submission.

Then I see the above picture on the first informational page of the Retrato
exhibit in San Antonio! There is nothing new under the sun....only our own interpretations, and those are as similar....and as unique....as we are. Posted by Picasa


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Main