Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

My Joy: Empowerment


I see the difference between "helping"
and "empowering" as being a very important one. Helping entails doing
"for" someone, whereas empowering is teaching another person that which they found difficult, or even impossible, before.
It is thrilling to see a student do work
as good, if not better, than my own.
To me this means that I have reached my goal of empowering the student. This beautiful doll was made by CC of Kuwaii. She used what was available to her for materials....a mark of a professional, I think!


2 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Very beautiful doll, lovely color, very inspirational. JoTee

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aloha - I am a friend of CC's and have seen some of her other creative work. All are very inspiring but this doll has touched a part of me that has difficulty revealing itself. i felt a very strong connection instantly and also the urge to become a leaf, a tree or some natural element and the feeling of new life is filling me. What a timely piece of creative genius for me to witness! i needed it! Thank you for posting CC's Doll

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main