Art Alchemy Studio



Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Sunday, May 21, 2006

A GIFT FROM THE EXTERMINATOR


A few days ago, I had an exterminator here for the first time in my life. I had learned to live with the scorpions here in Texas, but wasn't interested in learning how to co-exist or chase them with a vacuum cleaner inside my house!

I did not allow any spraying inside because I dislike that even more than scorpions. Before the exterminator sprayed the outside perimeter, he said he would fill all the "weep holes" (in brick and stone construction) with mesh. I glanced out the window and what I saw glistening in the sunlight was roll beautiful fine copper mesh!
Only mixed media artists will understand my joy at asking for a small piece and being gifted all that remained on the roll. It is lightweight and pliable mesh tubing which will not rust. I have never found it in the hardware stores I haunt. I can hardly wait to use it in dolls and shrines.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Main