Art Alchemy Studio



Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Do Painters Set the Standard?

Perhaps it's because I lost my companion of more than 16 years...my beloved Zippy....a few days ago, or the fact that I woke up to a an uncharacteristically dark, gray day...but after seeing the
many beautiful paintings on Robert Genn's trackbacks....I began wondering about whether painters set the standard for what is considered good art.

Another contributing factor to my gray mood may be that I have just given up all artificial sweeteners because I can no longer deny the fact that they are neurotoxins. But, that's another story........

Are those of us who never developed the skills and the love of painting, but who nevertheless strive to create from our deepest of hearts, artists? Is a painter an Uber artist? Is it that a certain mystique surrounds painting?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Main