Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sue Brown's Studio



On the left is Nancy Aikman doll. She wanted to make a "womanly" figure with large hips, and red hair.
Sue Brown's doll is bit more mystical....or do I just think that because she has no hips? Both dolls look great hung up on the wall.

I had gone to Sue's to do a doll workshop because I'd heard that her studio was worth seeing. Sure enough, it is the largest room in the house (just as it should be, I might add)! It is primarily a weaver's studio, though Sue also makes sewn dolls which are beautifully executed, but much more traditional.



2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like that her studio is the biggest room in her house but, errrr, what's the point of a big room if it's so full of stuff that you are always in a little space?
As for the mystical hips. I think big hips are more mystical since they remind me of mother earth type figures. And anyway, my hips are way bigger (I mean in proportion) than either of those two dolls.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

Sue has not lived in the house but a short time. She is still in transition. Weavers always have so many looms that their spaces are
usually "tight". Sue, however, has lots of room for herself...
Well, I think a creature with no hips at all is mystical! But, really, who cares?

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main