Art Alchemy Studio



Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Making Shadow Boxes & Shrines

This is the name of the book by Kathy Cano-Murillo that I want to tell you about. Although some shrines are of a religious nature, they need not be so. Think "remembrance", "reflection", "revelation"or, perhaps, three-dimensional story telling... but always very personal. Often the
meaning is clear only to the artist, and the viewer is left to form their own interpretation.

I don't like to do much thinking when I do my shrines, so I may work from a deeper level, expressing feeling instead of thought. But, there certainly are no "rights" and "wrongs".
Please see more under "Making Shadow boxes & Shrines" in Inspirations.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Main