Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Friday, November 17, 2006

Taking the Next Step

If you have been keeping up with my blog, you know how my mind is all over the place. I think that even without fibromyalgia....and even if I were 20 years younger...it would be impossible to
to all the things I want to do. As I told a friend, it's as if I had been shown a box of crayons and asked to choose my favorite colors. "They ALL are my favorites" I cried as I grabbed the entire
box.

To say "yes" to every interest and to every possibility of adventure will make one very, very tired.....as well stressed. All those things can't possibly be important, or even fun for me. I took
the next step. I hired a coach. Oh, sure, I know how to get "clear", as I know how to lose weight. I just don't do it. And so it is that I need to pay someone to whom I will be accountable.
Apparently, I am not so good at being accountable to myself.

My coach is Sheri Gaynor, and I recommend her to anyone who is feeling lost and in need of
finding clear direction. I tried to copy her newsletter to my blog, but that didn't work.
Here is her link: http://www.feistyfemales.com

I am going to learn just what my favorite colors are, and put the rest of them away for now.


3 Comments:

Blogger Doe Grozs Art said...

I have come to realize it is this accountability that allows me to get things, ART, done. If I am not accountable to someone, forget it. I just spent some time writing about this. I need to set up someone, like a coach, to be this person for me. What a coincidence that you are writing about this.
Doreen

10:46 AM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

I am sure you have heard "There are no co-incidents!". I hate those types of remarks, as to me they are a sign of "not thinking".
However, I am beginning to believe that there is really truth to that statement! Doreen, I have for some time now thought that you and I are on the same path.
Mai-Liis

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for getting me to your site Mai-Liis -- This is Susie Monday in Pipe Creek, near Bandera and San Antonio. I think your assemblage, collage and doll works are quite distinitive in voice, and your web site is beautiful. I know how hard it is to make choices when all 64 (or 120) crayons seem just too tempting. I will add a link to your site on my blog!

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main