Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

My Studio


I thought you might like to see pictures of where I spend most of my days. Sometimes, my table is much neater, but not often. It's not a large room, so I am forced to do a lot with storage,
and make an effort to keep purging items which I will not use. I do have a place where I put these when I decide to sell them in my shop.

Right now, I have my sewing machine and iron set up in the kitchen, so I am running back and forth as I work on my second quilting project.
Since it's the only exercise I am getting these days, it's a good thing.

This is Rudy, my Abyssinian. He comes running whenever he sees the camera come out,
and quickly poses. The other two disappear.




7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great space and a beautiful kitty!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Laura Dawson said...

I love your art room! It looks so cheery and you have it organized so well.

And your cat is simply GORGEOUS!!! I love Abys!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Angelartistok said...

love how well organized your small space is, it looks wonderful to work in, pretty kitty cat

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my dream studio! Your cat is adorable too!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I too loved peering into the artist's secret inner sanctum.
I like that all your plastic bins are the same sort: the ones with drawers. Me, it's all higgilty piggility. Emphasis on piggility.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mai-Liis ... your art studio is AWESOME. My favorite thing in there is Rudy, of course. My two second favorite things (a tie!) is that wonderful white wall storage unit which appears to have adjustable? shelving, and your high domed/cathedral ceiling. Love that and it adds "square footage" even though it's not usable, I'm sure its spaciousness affects your creativity! Is your art space actually intended as a sitting/reception area off your entrance foyer? Thanks for sharing photos of your lovely space!

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny how we are all so interested in the spaces we create in. Haven't had this many comments on any of my entries!

Yes, the white shelving unit has adjustable shelves. I had the narrower shelves added after I took the double doors off. Next photo shoot, I'll show you what I did with my table!
This room, to the right as you enter through the front door, was built as a home office. There are
glassed double French doors for it.

Mai-Liis

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main