Art Alchemy Studio



Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Dia de los Muertos Art Show




















I love the Mexican celebration of Day of the Dead when departed loved ones are honored with food, drink, flowers, candles and much celebration, and so I had no trouble being inspired to create work to submit to the art show by that theme. Remember, I told you I was going to break into a group of painters? Today, I had three of my pieces accepted!

Yes, everyone believes Austin to be a wild art city, but it is true for a very small section only....perhaps one or two square miles. Everything which surrounds this magical area, is conservative. Representational paintings are considered art, but Texas birdhouses made out of cowboy boots sell well. Of course, I hope you realize that this is a generalization, and it is only my own impression.

I am a happy camper, though, to have 3 pieces in this show. The opening is Saturday, October
27. There is going to be an authentic candle lit two story high altar built in this 100 year old building.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main