Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Off to California!



















Not my artwork, but this is how I feel today! I have been working unusually long hours in my studio, and though it has been fun, I am ready for a break.
I think I have finally broken through my awe of painters, and am entering some of my latest work, shrines, in an Dia de los Muertes art exhibit. Yes, I am jumping into the ring with painters. :-)
I will be back October 10th, but I would like to leave you with this excerpt from Robert Genn's newsletter, because it gives so much hope to everyone who thinks that they are not "good enough".

Find a sanctuary where you can comfortably work.
Dedicate at least two hours a day to your art.
Have more than enough equipment and supplies.
Set short- and long-term goals and keep track of progress.
Think of your work as exercise, not championship play.
Explore series development and exhaust personal themes.
Work alone with the benefit of books and perhaps tapes.
Replace passive consumption with creative production.
Use your own intuition and master your technology.
Feel the joy of personal, self-generated sweat.
Fall in love with your own working processes.
Be forever on the lookout for the advent of style.
Try to be your own person and claim your rights.
Don't bother setting yourself up for rejection.
Don't swing too wildly and damage the well-being of others.
Don't jump into the ring until you're feeling fit.

If you can stick with this regimen for a couple of months, I
can pretty well guarantee your progress.


1 Comments:

Blogger Gena Lumbroso said...

Yes! You are so right. I wholeheartedly agree with your regime and I intend to try it! I'll let you know! Thanks.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main