Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Another doll from Anne Davis


Well, I have to admit, this doll came as a total surprise to me, and I would never know that Anne was inspired by my Healing Doll class if she had not told me. :-) I'd call her a doll from the dark side.....kind of the antithesis of light and healing. However, I'm sure there must be a good reason why Anne wished to call her forth.
















Anne writes:

Here is Mysteries.

Mysteries is for my daughter Emily, who is nineteen; she's a quiet, enigmatic person full of odd and interesting thoughts.

Mysteries' face is a mask (or is it?). Her totem crow sits on her right wrist. She holds a quartz crystal for clarity of thought and inspiration. Her colors are the grey of the clouded night sky and the white, red and black of the Triple Goddess, and she has the crescent moon ornamenting her hair. Mysteries is small, only about six inches tall, but she's very powerful.

I kept trying to ornament her black velvet wrap, but she insisted on keeping it plain. Emily dresses plainly in dark colors (she prefers to be inconspicuous), so I shouldn't be surprised. She did allow bead dangles with little silver stars on the points of the ribbon, but that was all.


1 Comments:

Blogger Gena Lumbroso said...

Very interesting!

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main