Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Bright, Sun Shiney Day





















I don't know Susan Gregg, but this was shared in one of my groups this morning. A little something to keep in your head. :-) It's from Susan Gregg.

I love this song by Jimmy Cliff.

I can see clearly now the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
(see obstacles dissolve :-)
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright, bright sun- shiny day

When I first heard that song I immediately thought about my filter system. When I allow myself to get centered and let go of any attachment I have to my emotionally charged point of view, it is amazing how my perspective changes and how much better life gets!
~~~~~~~~


I immediately thought about my latest doll, posted above. I thought she was just too, too cute. As you know, I don't do "cute". Now, I am wondering why the heck NOT? How can I allow myself to be outrageously funny....by my evaluation, not that of others :-), but not allow "cute"? My point is, we are (and, therefore, our art) only what we allow. I am so grateful that somewhere along the way I began allowing bright sun shiney days!

It's heavily overcast here in Austin, but it's up to me whether I feel sunny.


2 Comments:

Blogger Gena Lumbroso said...

I don't find the doll so much cute as bright and vibrant... She is wonderful, Mia-Liis, I love her!

11:04 AM  
Blogger KV said...

Hey, we all gotta do "cute" once in a while, right? Your doll is more than cute, though -- she is charming and fun.


Kathy V in NM (where it is abundantly sunny but pretty chilly at the moment)

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main