Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Joy of Collage































Variety is truly the spice of life! I don't do collage very often, preferring to do more
3-dimensional work, but...oh, the sheer joy of it! I approach it as kindergarten play, usually getting paint and glue all over myself. The materials are not precious, after all, so
why not just play with them? Although I try to take the same attitude with my other art forms, it is a bit more difficult because of the cost of the materials with which I like
to work.

The above is a trifold book which I personalized as a birthday card for a friend. The purpose provided a theme for me and kept me on track....though I put as little conscious thought (which would have produced formality and stiffness) into it as I could manage. It was a joy to make and a joy to give. It doesn't get much better that that!


1 Comments:

Blogger Doe Grozs Art said...

And a JOY to receive!!!!!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main