Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Iconic Doll





















I just completed this free-standing mixed media "Aztec Princess". Looking at her here, I think I need to do
something at the very bottom. This piece was fun, but "she did not make herself" as so many of my pieces do.
It was a bit of a battle all the way, but now that she is finished (almost), I am pleased with her. I have used a
variety of materials: hard foam, metal, fabric, glass, old jewelry which I antiqued, and most everything has either been painted with Lumiere' or sprayed with Colorwash and Glitz Spritz.

This is the third piece in a row (except the trifold book) that I have done in the same colors. I have always loved copper, but now seem to be fixated on turquoise. Erase! I don't want to get stuck on any colors! I'm
thinking I might like to do a whole series of iconic dolls........all in different colors, of course.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful piece! colors, shape and texture...I remember mexican dolls...brava! Stef

2:06 AM  
Blogger Nancilyn (Fiberdabbler) said...

She is wonderful! Could you define "iconic doll", please.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

"Iconic" means "like an icon"....referring to a likeness of some sacred personage, depicted in a symbolic,stiff, nonrealistic way. Icons were accorded the same regard as the persons they resembled.

Sorry I can't be clearer!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main