Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Friday, February 29, 2008

An Invitation to Play!














Please note! This class begins Friday, March 7th! That's next week!!!! Being an online class, this date is only important in terms of the first lesson arriving from Joggles via e-mail that date.

Barbara of Joggles.com sent out the supply list today, but the date mentioned is incorrect. It is March 7th. Here is more information about the class http://www.joggles.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=15237

A book about Vision Boards is in the works, and the author expressed interest in possibly including these fabric ones.....yes, your work.

A couple of things to know if you have not taken a class from me before. The first lesson is all about supplies! It's also about things like planning and color, and handy substitutions. And, I encourage participation in the forum which Barbara will set up for you, as that is a good place for you to get all your questions answered. I have found that the more discussion there is, the more fun students have, just like in a real classroom where the teacher allows chatting and laughter! No one needs to work in isolation unless they prefer it.

And, this is only one of TWO figures you will have the opportunity to make! In addition, I will tell you how you can add extra power to your Vision Quilt. Yes, it's about possibilities, but that's what creativity is all about! Please come play! :-)


5 Comments:

Blogger Stefania Morgante said...

dear, hOW many lessons? please reply to me at info@gufobardo.com ...I'm Stef from Italy...and I never made a quilt...

3:42 PM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

Good question, Stef! There are 5
lessons. They will be downloaded weekly for 5 Fridays.It is not a true
quilting class....just an introduction to using fabric in a way one would use paper.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Stefania Morgante said...

I'm your student!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

Haha! You could teach me a thing or two. I am your guide and fellow playmate.:-)

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You convinced me. I've been waffling - my sewing machine's in the shop for I don't know how long, I have too much else to do, I should work on the things I already have...

But I just signed up anyway. It really looks interesting, and besides, I'm not taking any other classes online or locally this quarter. Classes are my special treat and I really deserve a treat, so there.

Anne Davis

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main