Art Alchemy Studio



Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Friday, May 16, 2008

I Am Back!













I am happy to be home, and....unlike last year....I did not cry when it was time to leave.

It was a strenuous trip, as we covered a large part of the country and were constantly on the move....in high altitudes! I earned the self-bestowed idiot award for attempting to go shopping at over 16,000 feet when people were keeling over from lack of oxygen. For this particular effort, I bought one tiny trinket!

These acrylics were hanging in a restaurant in Arequipa. Peruvians love color! I did notice, however, that those who are not wearing regional native dress, prefer to be almost invisible in darker colors. There were times that I was aware of being rather "loudly" dressed by comparison. Except for native costumes, love of color is not expressed in personal clothing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main