Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Sunday, July 06, 2008

My Hunt for a Web Designer







This assemblage is by Davey Mceathron of Austin. Davey is fresh out of architecture school, and I found him as a result of the ad I had placed on Craig's list.

It isn't that I was looking for a good assemblage artist. I had advertised for someone to help me set up a website, and you would not believe how many people responded from all over the globe! All kinds of prices, most offering expertise in geeky things I'd never even heard of, with examples of sites they had built ranging from
ridiculous to fantastic. I started conversations with half a dozen of them, because being able to communicate easily is important. After all, I don't speak "Geek".

So, who got the job? Davey who did not send me any web designs he had done....only the photo of this assemblage. Smart young man. I felt understood by him. Then, again....maybe it was the old doll with the missing hand which helped make the decision.


2 Comments:

Blogger Gena Lumbroso said...

Wow, connecting on a different level! I think Davey is going to fit right in. I can only imagine what the two of you will get accomplished site-wise!

9:49 AM  
Blogger the Davey said...

I just wanted to leave a comment that explains the concept behind the assemblage... it was a study I was doing to get my head wrapped around the current state of juvenile detention facilities. I needed to understand where we are at as a society and the ways we deal with juveniles that we see as delinquents. Thus, I could move forward into designing a new form of facility that could solve the problem no make it worse.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main