Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Completed Iconographic Doll










This is "Wisdom Keeper", my second completed iconographic doll, which I built onto a firm base for standing.

I confess that I set out to do a cat woman, something which I have wanted to do for some time now, and look what appeared, instead! It's just as well, I can use all the wisdom I can get, and...besides we don't need any more cats OR cat ladies in this house. :-)

Styrofoam, thin batting, handmade paper, metal, plastic, fabric, wood, ceramic, glass.....I love being a mixed media artist! If it has stopped moving, and is not likely to decay in the next 50 years or more, I use it.


3 Comments:

Blogger Gena Lumbroso said...

Hey, is it the light or does she have more silver than gold on her? Whatever, she is lovely and inspiring and yes a mmd (mixed-media-delight)!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

Thank you! It's all gold, but an antiqued gold.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

WOW! She is so beautiful.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main