Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Vision Board

"The heart's message cannot be delivered in words."
Mu-Mon Gensen (1322-1390)





I began with this mandala, the rose cross, because I felt drawn to it. The rose suggests pure love, as well as
sacrifice. (I didn't know about the latter until after the fact. I'm really not big on sacrifice.:-)

Anyway, this is the image on which I layered everything else. Yes, it disappeared from view, but I like the fact that it is behind everything else.












Recently I have been tagged with more awards and "fun games" than I can engage in. The most recent was one in which I was to name a list of unrelated personal things about myself. I froze. There's a limit to how much I am comfortable revealing about myself here. After all, I want you to respect me as an artist and a teacher.:-)

Yes, I, who is usually so "out there" made this discovery. So, Robinsunne, who tagged me, "thanks".
I can't engage in any more awards and games, but I will share something extremely personal, the Vision Board I just completed yesterday. It doesn't get much more personal than that!

As you will discover in Joyce Schwartz's book "Vision Boards", there are many different ways of doing one.....all of them effective. As an artist, I favor the collage method......letting myself go in terms of what elements go on it, but honoring principles of design.


4 Comments:

Blogger Gena Lumbroso said...

Outstanding, Chaska, like you! You've done it again. I love this piece.

4:14 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

This is incredible, Chaska. I do love it & especially the little phrase...Fluent in Fun. Wonderful!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Chaska!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Georgina said...

Chaska,

As usual, you just blow me away. Going to buy the book today and try one but not till next year...not enough time and much to do.

Again, you're one heck of a lady!

Georgina

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main