Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Friday, November 07, 2008

The Medici Effect










A small flock of angels, class samples from the ongoing
Angel Project running through December 30, 2008.


This morning I ran across a reference to the Medici Effect, and I thought 'YES!!!'

By attracting talented souls from so many different fields and cultures, the Medicis got all these creative people in contact with one another to trade ideas and collaborate. This intersection of concepts and diverse backgrounds kicked off the Renaissance, one of the most innovative eras in human history.

The internet enables artists and all like-minded spirits to gather together in the same way. I envision The Angel Project as a small, humble version of The Medici Effect. Yes, we are starting off small, but already there are people enrolled who have never created anything similar, but who are attracted to the concept of placing angels with those who need them....and which of us can't use one or two? It is my plan to continue this project next year and thereafter. And, if I can't, I am sure there will be someone else to step forward and direct the effort.


The reason angels can fly is because they take themselves lightly. ~G.K. Chesterton





1 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

Interesting Idea!!Don't you just LOVE the Fiber Arts Site!! I look at it Every Day and have found so many wonderful people out there. I love your colourful work, and bet you have a good sense of humour too! Would love to "talk" to you more. I have a Blog and e-mail address on the Blog site if you want to "chat" further! I have photos of angels I have made too.
Cheers
Judith

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main