Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Vision Board








I think I am prime proof that living life with INTENTION
works!

Vain me definitely had a yen to have some of my artwork published....and, I did not count the zines in which my work appeared, nor the the IndieArts DVD produced by Karen Landey. I wanted something with more punch! Something bigger.

Yes, I wanted this, but I did not want to do the work of submitting my work. Are you thinking "well, duh!"? So was I. The secret to extraordinary events is holding an extraordinary intention. And, so here is proof. Joyce Schwarz, the author, discovered me on a friend's blog, and I responded to the comment she left. Here you see the result, a full page!


No, I had not actually had this secret desire of mine on a vision board, but I believe if I had done that, this would have happened a few years ago when I first had my vision. I believe Vision Boards are very powerful maps of what we desire, because they clarify what those desires are.

It's a very interesting book! It is extremely well done, and I recommend it to anyone who finds the subject of interest. There are many, many types of Vision Boards, and though you can do a board without the help of a book, this will enable you to learn how to do it in depth.

Labels: , ,


7 Comments:

Blogger Joyce A. Schwarz, Editor and Blogger said...

You know you were the very LAST picture to get in the book. We had to delete chapter 8 because of space and you were originally in there. BUT when they showed me my introduction I did not like the pix they mocked up to get in there-- Intro was done after the book! SO I requested your pix! And voila -- you get a full page!!! Thanks so much. PS my name is Joyce Schwarz (no "t" Read more about the book at http://tinyurl.com/visionboardamazon and browse inside at http://tinyurl.com/seeinsidebook

6:37 PM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

Oops, I corrected the typo in your name, Joyce. What an amazing person you are. (She knew the second I had posted!)

7:00 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Congratulations, Chaska. This is wonderful.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Kathryn Costa said...

How simply cool is that! Right on!

Years ago I had a little notebook and I had cut out computer hardware and software that I wanted and put it together creatively on a page in this notebook, within a couple of months I had it all! I guess that is sort of like a vision board only it was a vision journal. I wonder why I didn't keep putting things in this journal? Perhaps I'll start a more intentional magical journal. Hmmm thanks for the inspiration.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Peggy Parker said...

Chaska, I NEED a spiritual artistic lift right now, and this book may just be it! Thank you so much for sharing! Peggy thesefauxwalls.blogspot.com

6:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Right on - very cool Congrats!

11:51 AM  
Blogger robin dudley-howes said...

Chaska....I had to look at your blog. I have seen your name several times in different publications and when I saw you had posted on another blog well, curiosity? What a beautiful name and art work to go with the name!! When you get a moment come on over to my pad!!
Robin

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main