Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

My Prosperity Doll

Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment. (Lao-Tzu)




Angels on the brain?

As you can see, my properity doll turns out to be an angel. Actually, I have given myself wings for a few years now :-) ....and, these are butterfly wings.

She is covered with symbols of prosperity and good fortune.....a string of jade, love and laugh charms, a crystal point, hearts, and red roses which represent love. The humming bird is the symbol for the highest spiritual level. She carries the sun, bringing light wherever she goes.....and, no surprise here, there are 3 cats clinging to her.







Many, many hundred dollar bills rolled off my printing press, as I intended to make my doll's clothing from them, as well as send them to students who enrolled in my upcoming online Prosperity Doll class. As is always the case when working intuitively, my doll had other ideas, making it very clear that prosperity really is not about money. (Not that I would want to say this to anyone without a warm home and food in their tummy!)

I didn't want to waste the money, though, so photographed the doll on it.:-) I think I might clip the bills to my silk palm tree.

Sylma Fine tried very hard to leave this well thought-out comment, so I promised I would post it for her:

The Prosperity doll is quite an inspiration. I am particularly intrigued by the money imaged in the background. The link to the vision board becomes clear...what you are willing to risk for yourself and others to see CAN be manifested. With regards to the money, there is a belief prevalent that being successful and making money is wrong for people who are trying to lead a spiritual life.

The question is rather our clear understanding where our money comes from and whether we can maintain a healthy view towards it. The goal of human endeavor is to enrich ourselves, and to achieve prosperity, both inner and outer. Here is where the prosperity doll and the vision board offer an opportunity for us to walk firmly in a way that has meaning and leaves a good footprint in our world.

Labels: , ,


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I simply cannot wait for this class to begin. I have learned so very, very much from the classes I have taken from you. Your gentle re-direction of my work has helped me to grow...Thank you!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Stacy Alexander said...

Hi Chaska,

I added a link to your site on my blog.

Namaste,
Stacy Alexander

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If more people realized that prosperity is not about money then they would be much happier... it's nice to see that others see that, even your precious doll.
Katina
kjkoukla(at)hotmail(dot)com

9:32 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Costa said...

Every year for New Year's Eve my friend and I get together to create a collage. This year we are going to make personal shrines. I was thinking of making mine a prosperity shrine. hmmm perhaps a prosperity doll is needed for my prosperity shrine. Thanks for the great idea!

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your doll. Red always does it for me and does mean prosperity. I liek the idea of using a face photo for the face, almost like a memory doll! Barb

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On Prosperity...I guess more money would make life easier..or would it? If we all could live within our means.we would be a lot happier..To me prospering is becoming happier! I have learned over the years that you cant depend on material things for happiness..If we all would feel blessed with what we have and not desire "everything" you gain a wealth of inner knowledge and peace..and sometimes the things you think you need disappear and are replaced with what you truly need...yes..with more money I could do alot more for my sons..but then would they ever learn real way to "prosper"? Just some ramblings...Thank you Chaska ..for you..hugs..Alyce

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's lovely, Chaska!

Anne Davis

3:59 PM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

Serendipitously....I received the December Healing Touch newsletter, and in it is an article entitled "True Wealth". The writer describes how she always thought that all her problems would be solved if she had lots of money.

She got it. Her 33 year old husband dropped dead, and she receives his generous life insurance. She not had wealth, and, yet, she had nothing. This is how she discovered her definition of true wealth:
Love
Gratitude
Health
Peace

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main