Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cigar Box Shrine Online Class













I dedicated this cigar box shrine, just completed, to my late kitty Blu....and, just for the heck of it... I named it "My Blu
Heaven". As you can see a shrine can be a happy thing,
emphasizing things which were wonderful about the person or pet's life and their relationship with you.

This piece was created in the same way that all my work is, intuitively. I wanted to do a fresh piece as a class sample, and since I had lost Blu very recently, I chose him to honor.

I found the creating of this piece a healing experience, an unexpected bonus.

In my class students will learn how to prepare a cigar box, how to gather both flat and two-dimensional objects and how to assemble them into a meaningful whole. It's mixed media assemblage and lots of fun and, just possibly, healing as well. Of course, any subject, even an idea instead of a person, is "fair game".



Leisurely Online Class, entire month of February! $30
Sign up now via PayPal. Supply list suggestions available February 1, 2009

Labels: , , ,


1 Comments:

Blogger Sherry Goodloe said...

Oooohhh What a precious shrine dedication to your lost loved one.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main