Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Monday, January 12, 2009

Topiary








Most topiary we see is rendered as either animals or basic geometric forms. I love it! However, even more fascinating is the topiary of Pearl Fryer of South Carolina, who built his large topiary garden from trash plants thrown away by the local nursery.

If you appreciate this art style, and like inspirational movies which aren't "sappy", I hightly recommend "A Man Named Pearl", available on DVD.


1 Comments:

Blogger Patti Edmon Artist said...

This is Patti's DH. I have recently seen this documentary and thought it was amazing. I am looking at my shrubs and trees in a whole new way.

One of the students who was in the film is now an intern at Edmon Design. That is how I first heard of Pearl. Art is in all of us, we just have to find the right medium. There is a Pearl in all of us!

Jim - www.edmondesign.com

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main