Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Thursday, February 05, 2009

My Shopping Trip





It was a glorious day yesterday, as well as a glorious shopping trip into Austin. Although I live in the suburbs, some 25 miles out, I don't often take what I call a "community awareness" day. This is a day to explore at least one place to which I have never been in the three years I have lived here.

I love Austin! And, I love what it has to offer. I may come home with an emptier wallet, but enriched by the experience which usually includes friendly people, good food, and little treasure over which I am very excited.

Yesterday was no exception, only this time I kind of outdid myself in my finds. Yes, I create shrines, but it isn't only my own that I appreciate. Besides, I believe as artists, we need to support each other's work. It's good karma!:-)


I am equally excited about the little treasures
brought home to add to my stash from which I
create my own art. There is nothing like fresh art supplies to inspire new work. Treasure hunts are part of being a mixed media artist. I just never know where the pieces for the next inspiration may be hiding! :-)

Labels: ,


3 Comments:

Blogger Gena Lumbroso said...

What a fun trip and what great finds! Thank you for sharing this with us. You have made me into one of those shoppers as well :)

3:30 AM  
Blogger Georgina said...

Chaska,

I love Austin too!! Luckily, I'll be making more trips since my daughter and grandsons (one more ? due in Aug.) live also in Round Rock. My best buddy took me to S. Guadalupe St. and I found some great treasures there also. I love making those type of trips here in El Paso and Las Cruces, NM right up the road.

Did some great pottery shard hunting a couple of weeks ago in the desert and found some wonderful Indian shards that will be added to my work, however, I have to get over the history and centuries that are in these little pieces of clay first!

Abrazos,
Georgina

11:21 AM  
Blogger gabriela luna said...

I love the Virgen de Guadalupe Shrine! So, cool!

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main