Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Power and Protection Shield



Mixed media, on 16 by 20 stretched canvas. This piece is full of symbols personal to me, including my two main power animals, the porpoise and the condor. The figure in the center was originally to be the Virgin of Guadalupe, representing protection, but as you can see it morphed into a spiritual type figure, I think representing myself. We can have guides, but power lies within.

The feathers and bells are for summoning the spirits when needed. More than any other piece, I wrestled with most of the elements of this work, changing it over and over as I tried to exercise my own ideas and will over it. It finally came together after I surrendered to something greater than my conscious mind.

Labels:


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just stunning, Chaska.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Gena Lumbroso said...

I love this, it is gorgeous Chaska, I love how you channeled your own power to do it. Just stunning and full of power!

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main