Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Stop Fighting With It




All I know for certain is that I set out to create a goddess of lightning. Actually, I was quite excited to finally have time to bring this idea I've had for several months to life.

Simple enough....I had the idea and the materials.. but,
the lightning goddess would not emerge. When I figured out my bad mood was due to my fighting with this, I stopped. Fighting with what should be joyful doesn't make good sense. This figure whom I call "Heart Dancer" emerged...quickly, as if she wanted to be born and was just waiting for me to allow it.
I like her very much....and, perhaps, it will be time for the lightning goddess to emerge. Art, and all of life, is so much easier when one stops fighting with it.

Labels: , ,


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love her, Chaska, she's so joyful and lively.

I hope your lightning muse strikes soon; I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Artifice said...

Chaska,

She is incredible, fabulous, inspiring!!!!! Did you make her face? I love the felt dress, the colors, the hair, hat, belt. She is so smooth and lithe.

Hugs! Linda

9:06 AM  
Blogger Gena Lumbroso said...

She is stunning, and bright like light itiself ;) Great job, Chasksa!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main