Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Surprise Inspiration






It turns out that in my fantasy trip to Morocco, I was more inspired by the burka clad women and the colors of the Sahara than anything else.  At first, I thought about calling this figure "Sahara Queen", but instead, she became "Living Out Loud". 



The more I looked at the somber, tightly wrapped women, the more upset I became.  


I do not belong in Morocco.  After a while even the the photos of the camels in the Sahara began to smell. :-)


This figure is wrapped with hand-made, over-painted paper over a solid core.  Peacock feather appliques go all the way around her hemline and other embellishments are metal and wood, as well as glass, beads.

Labels: ,


2 Comments:

Blogger Georgina said...

She's beautiful, Chaska. Yes, I hate to see how women are treated in those countries, but the way I look at it, it's like visiting another planet!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Gena Lumbroso said...

She is beautiful, Chaska. Women are resilient, thank goodness... this too will pass!

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main