Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Wings of Dreams


"On the Wings of Dreams I'm flying free
with a dreamer's dream,
To a land without fear, darkness, and doubt;
Where shadows and hauntings
of all time and space
are rainbows with colors the endlessly grace....
happiness, hope, and all joys to embrace."

Mixed media assemblage I completed today. My work seems to be taking a new direction....more complex, less edgy, and...perhaps, prettier. I would love to know what you think.....



Labels: ,


4 Comments:

Blogger Willie C said...

Love the artwork, Chaska.....you asked for my opinion, and I really like the overall concept. I'm not quite so enthusiastic about the poetry, but the overall is a very pleasant experience...

Willie C

6:03 PM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

I do not know what an "overall very pleasant experience" would mean...pleasant is a lukewarm word.
I regret that I was not clearer....I was asking artists who follow my work whether they could give me feed-back on whether, and how, my work was changing.

All my work is symbolic, and the poetry is what inspired the piece.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Doe Grozs Art said...

my first impression was that it was another artist's... (love that link to the "gaurdians") but the inside is you, maybe gentler, softer and as you say, prettier.
The box is very cool (where DID you find that?) and I'm assuming you solved the paint issue you had.
I'll be posting some soon... finally getting to work on them.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

I purchased the box, along with several others, on eBay a few years back. It had many thick layers of paint...shabby chiq', not at all my style. I thought the open design of the box was perfect for my theme, but the paint required days and days of sanding. It's the grooves that got me! In the end, the box decided it didn't want to be a deep purple, uppity thing!
Thank you for your feedback....You saw what I saw.:-)

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main