Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

An Adventure in Color and Texture










Not yet fully recuperated from Houston, and certainly not finished telling you about it, my friend, Marinda, and I visited fiber artist, Lisa Shell, at Kai Ranch yesterday. It was a perfect Texas day for our adventure in color and texture.
Lisa does color better than anyone I've ever met!  She also has an obvious love affair going with her beautiful Angora goats which she has carefully bred and cares for as though her children.  I loved seeing mothers sitting with their daughters, and sisters hanging out together.

But, the curly mohair locks you see in the bins is what I had come for!  Oh, but I wanted it all..curly locks, handspun yarns, roving, Lisa's work.....yes, ALL of it! 

You can reach Lisa by e-mailing her at kai1@yahoo.com
Photo of bins full of curly locks is by Greg Latza 

Labels: , ,


2 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne said...

It is beautiful, the animals and the colors she creates.

9:58 PM  
Blogger SweetErGallery said...

I'd be like a kid in a candy store with all that. It would be way to difficult to choose between the colors.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main