Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Frame-UP














When I went to photograph my display of three icon dolls, Rudy jumped up and posed himself.  Because he IS a work of art, and makes a fine display, I am showing him here.  Perhaps I'm just a crazy cat lady, but I see cats as marvelous living sculptures.

The cabinet, an old salvaged one which I painted a bluish gray, serves as a frame for the dolls.  Each would also display well in its own box, but why not just use what you have on hand?  I'm making a mental note to "frame-up" all my single pieces of art....It could be a natural extension of my shrine making.

Labels:


4 Comments:

Blogger Just Another She said...

These are beautiful Chaska and Rudy is such a handsome feline.

3:07 PM  
Blogger weezie said...

Yes, they are wonderful living sculptures ... and amazing models .. so still ... and yet, so ALIVE!!!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Hi Chaska! What a wonderful piece. That Rudy is quite the charmer, too. How nice he poses for you...my Dexter runs & hides under a table as soon as he hears the camera go on! I hope you've had a great visit with your daughter & grandson & I hope all is well with you. Hugs, Diane

1:12 PM  
Blogger Artfully yours, Linda said...

Chaska, I love all your work, Shrines, art dolls, day of the dead - what beautiful colors and textures. I looked all through your site for angels and came across Kitty Dreams - very cool. I'm going to go the pet adoption on Saturday and might just come home with a kitten to keep my other cat company.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main