Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Sunday, March 07, 2010

I'm Lovin' Texas


This box was already painted when I realized the risk of my spray painting method.  I need a ventilated paint tent.  We will see....I have not even checked to see how much these cost.  

This box is a beautiful rich saturated dark red. The metal elements I have used already came to me rusted, or I rusted them myself.  Every now and then when my supply runs low, I rust a large batch of garishly new and shiny items.

I have incorporated a piece of very old burlap..which I found in a construction lot...both on the top of the box and on the inside.  It's those odd "junk" items, frequently saved for years, that bring me the most joy when I discover a use for them.


The rusty Texas star on the inside of the box is the "real thing", purchased in an antique store.  


Oh, I have loved Willie's music for 30 years...a long time before I moved to Texas. 


2 Comments:

Blogger mary schweitzer said...

I'm a Willie fan too! This box is wonderful. The red is just perfect. Great work!!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Georgina said...

What can I say, I love Texas too, even though El Paso is considered the red haired freckle faced step child of TX. I still think El Paso should be annexed to NM!! LOL

Love the box!!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main