Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Incubating Ideas


Here you can see little Issey Miyake looking as if he is thinking "What does she expect me to do with all this?!" (He is such a good boy! Little Santino would have had the table cleared of all small rollable items.)

Issey has yet to see what actually
happens on this table. I've been sick.

I like to call this non-productive period "incubating time". I don't know that the blue-green images sparkling in my feverish brain will amount to anything, but I do believe some down-time is a good thing.


4 Comments:

Blogger Anne D said...

A cat who is both ornamental and useful, and a fine figure of a feline indeed.

I'm sorry to read that you're unwell, and hope you feel better soon.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Artsnark said...

great way to categorize your down time. I often feel guilty & should change to this perspective!

Thanks for stopping by & commenting on LuRu's great tiles

11:56 AM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

This is a technique I teach my coaching clients. When we are upset we have the tendency to black and white thinking, but, it's not necessary...or even possible...to go from "too sick to move" to "happily productive". All we need is to reach toward a slightly better feeling step. Once on that slightly better feeling step, we can reach again.....
I'm convinced that we don't produce our best work when we are beating ourselves with "shoulds".

2:22 PM  
Blogger Artfully yours, Linda said...

Sending healing colorful thoughts your way. Issey is just beautiful.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main