Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Modern Crop Circles

I have cleaned off space on my table and have started to work again. However, I am "all over the place"!

My mind goes from one idea to another rapidly, and today it's on crop circles! I did not know that large, complex crop circles were appearing in the "here and now".

Is it art or is it math? It certainly is craft mastered!





Canada, 2010















Galactic Butterfly, 2009















All Seeing Eye, Aug. 2008


5 Comments:

Blogger Georgina said...

They're gorgeous! I love crop circles, man-made or otherwise!! LOL I would think lots of math is involved in making these circles, after all the first known artist was Hotep, an architect in very early ancient Egypt.

Also, take into consideration the beautiful ground figures that can only be seen from above in Peru...now that's amazing. I'll repeat something a fellow student said as we were studying the Arabic culture during the Middle Ages...they gave the world so much, anyway, she said, "What happened?" And I say also, "What has happened?" LOL

11:15 AM  
Blogger Anne D said...

Math is art, and so is science. I like crop circles too, and I can't wait to see how these inspire you.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Patti Gibbons said...

I made these in my son's hair once when I was trying to give him a buzz cut. Needless to say, we had to shave his head due to the crop circles I made in his head. I don't know how he ever forgave me. He was 10 at the time and it was not hip to have a bald head at that age.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

Patti, what an ingenious idea! I cut holes in my boys hair, but they were not very artistic! Later on, husband insisted I cut his hair,and those holes weren't anywhere close to crop circle, either.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

Updating this by a video I saw today, July 18, 2010http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqJqp7-BuJI&feature=player_embedded

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main