Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Keeper of Cats


















This box shrine took me a long time to complete, perhaps because I knew the intended recipient and wanted to make her happy (totally disregarding what I preach to others about everyone being responsible for their own happiness:-), and I am easily distracted these days.

The completed shrine had several more cats added, just for good measure, but, as sometimes happens, I shipped it off before photographing it again.

The Keeper has an energy wheel for a halo, and wings to show her angelic qualities of devotion and patience. She holds a heart over which is draped a service ribbon, for she is in service of her cats.

On the back of the box, I have included the quote "Some people after having cats go on to live normal lives."

Labels: ,


2 Comments:

Anonymous Virginia Torsch said...

Chaska

The intended recipient is very happy indeed with your lovely work of art!! I hope you took some photos of your lovely photo album as well. These are veryspecial works of art and I am overwhelmed with your gifts to us!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

Virginia, I'm glad I made you happy.
I did not take a photo of the cat scrapbook, as I believe anyone with just a little design sense and a lot of patience could have created it. Therefore, it's not art. The box shrine is in a different category. It sprang from my heart, no one else could have created it, and as such, is art. (See my following post. It's a question which has been asked for centuries.:-)

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main