Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Friday, July 02, 2010

Oh, Such Hands!




When I lived in the Santa Cruz, California, area, I thought the local artists to be the best!

Recently, I returned to my former home, and after honing my own art skills, and seeing a wider range of art works, I still think that the Santa Cruz area is home to many very amazing artists.


I fell in love with the Many Hands Gallery in Capitola,
http://www.manyhands-capitola.com/ Visit the link and you will be inspired. The prices do not do justice to the caliber of the artists. My guess is the competition is very stiff.

My favorite works were the assemblages by Marlana Barendregt. Whimsical, beautifully balanced, and exceptionally creative! Although these would not have been the only works I wanted to bring home with me, these were the most unusual.


Be sure to click on these to enlarge them.

Labels: ,


1 Comments:

Blogger Georgina said...

Chaska, what a great gallery!! Love the mixed media ladies...so incredibly delicate considering they're made of metal hardware...just wonderful!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main