Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Saturday, September 04, 2010

Purple Cat Challenge









I am an admirer of Rodrigue's Blue Dog....any of them....ALL of them. For months now I have been wanting to do a take-off on his work by producing a
PURPLE CAT Rodrique style. It has remained a desire, but maybe you can inspire me by making Purple Cat a reality.

The winner will be drawn from the 3 submissions which capture Rodrigue's humor and style the closest. The prize is a credit for $75 to spend in my
"Artist's Stash". (Sorry I can't afford to give you cash)

Guidelines: Cat must be purple. Any size. You retain the art, but give me permission to post it here. Good images are to be e-mailed to me.

Choosing the three top contenders and final drawing from these will be by a third party. (I don't want anyone mad at me!:-) on October 2, 2010 NOON Central (Images which arrive after this time will not be eligible)

If you have any questions at all, please ask via e-mail (chaska@ix.netcom.com) or in the comments.

Labels:


6 Comments:

Blogger Patti Gibbons said...

Oh boy Chaska; what fun. I am not sure if I am going to have the time to do this..I have an open studio tour on the 2nd also, and have to create art/miracles for that as well as for another street show in 2 weeks. BUT if I can, I will consider it. What a fun challenge. Good luck!!! xxp

2:14 PM  
Blogger A tired retired recluse @ Swallowcliffs.blogspot.com/ said...

Well, yes, I would love to do this! I have to study up on him a bit! Thanks for the opportunity!

4:05 PM  
Blogger .Trudi Sissons said...

Looks like a whole lot of fun!
Is digital work acceptable?

7:47 PM  
Blogger .Trudi Sissons said...

oh oh, not sure if my last post worked so - here we go again!
It looks like fun - lots of inspiration to go by but I'm wondering if digital creations are permitted? Thanks! And thanks too for posting info about the Butterfly project.
twodressesstudio@shaw.ca

7:49 PM  
Blogger Artfully yours, Linda said...

Hi Chaska, I happen to have a purple cat painting that I think will work with a little extra work. How could I not send something in since I use purplecatcards for my email and purple cat ceates for my blog!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

No digital work, sorry.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main