Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Monday, January 10, 2011

Life Is Good!



Because of my CFS--not because of advancing senility...my ability to focus is poor compared to what it used to be. So, with the adage of "If you chase two squirrels at once, you will catch neither." in mind, I placed 100% of my attention on getting well. I now have only two months left before my trip to Tanzania to accomplish this.

For the past 8 months I have worked as hard on improving my health as I have on any challenging job, and art and blogs have fallen by the wayside. I still have a ways to go...and, because of an additional issue of gluten intolerance and all the damage done due to years of not being diagnosed, I will always need to be fully conscious of what I eat and what I do. However, I happily report that I am newly inspired! And, if I don't quite have my former life back, it's a darn good facsimile.:-)

I have begun work on large wall hanging! The finished size will be at least 4 ft by 6 ft....and I'm thinking it will be larger, yet. Here you see it laid out on my kitchen floor. At the same time, I'm also knitting an artsy-fartsy scarf. :-) Life is GOOD!


1 Comments:

Blogger Georgina said...

Chaska, you've been missed, but I'm really quite happy that you're seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. I wish I had had the time to call you when I was in Austin back in Oct. My daughter had surgery and I spent 10 days taking care of her little family..perhaps, that's why I never had the time!! LOL

Take care, my friend, and love your new project.

xxoo,
Georgina

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main