Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"Hakuna Matata"















Meaning "No Worries", I have named this new art doll in honor of the spirit of the Tanzanian people.

I attempted to exert some control over how she turned out...wanted to make her light in spirit, and at one point tried to force her to hold a flamingo (Don' ask why!) and she want' having any of it. A basket of fruit on top of her head didn't work, either. She insisted on looking just the way she looks!

I have used my wrapping technique over a wire armature, the bottom of which is inside a weighted cylinder so she can stand.

Labels:


2 Comments:

Blogger Georgina said...

Chaska, she's wonderful...I just love the fabric...what colours!!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Artifice said...

I love her!!!!!!!! She is so fun and vibrant.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main