Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Saturday, June 04, 2011

Mano Santa













When I created this box shrine, I was thinking about the many, almost sacred, miracles that hands perform: healing, soothing, guiding, helping, signaling, speaking as in sign language, and so on.





















When the piece was finished, I could not think of a name that would say exactly what I had in mind, so I called for help from my Spanish speaking friend, Gabriela Luna, a jewelry artist and musician in Mexico City. http://gabrielalunamx.blogspot.com/

"Mano Santa" is just what I was searching for.

Labels:


2 Comments:

Blogger Georgina said...

Chaska, that's ta perfect name for your box which is down right lovely!!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

Thank you, Georgina! I had a moment of paranoia in which I realized I had just taken my friend's word for it.:-) I've recently had a few unpleasant lessons about doing that.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main