Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Thursday, November 15, 2012

An Ornament Tutorial

You can make this! I have used crinkly gold paper to cover the cardboard heart, then added a cut out of St. Francis, my favorite Saint.  The heart is further embellished by parts of a Dresden star, a bird charm, a red glass heart, a red & copper glass tassel and glitter glue for outlining. The other side of my ornament is an exact duplicate of the side you are seeing.  I only wished that I had had more animal charms for this piece, as I wanted to fill St. Francis's arms!  Spray the finished work with a couple of coats of polyurethane.

Almost all the "makings" were purchased from Silver Crow Creations, my favorite online purveyor of interesting, fun dodads!.

Labels: , ,


3 Comments:

Blogger Artifice said...

What a gorgeous ornament! I love it!

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Chaska, for making the beautiful ornament out of things from SilverCrow (http://www.silvercrowcreations.com). You are such a talented artist. This is just stunning.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

I appreciate your nice comments. Thank you for leaving them!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main