Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Staying in Passion



“The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up & get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part & a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you". ~ Chuck Close

I agree with Mr. Close that art flows more easily if we just keep on doing it, but for many of us that results in the same work over and over.  We all have seen others do this.  It's not for me because I have other equally pressing interests, and I lose my passion when I work on the same idea over and over. 

New ideas and new inspiration reignites passion, and the "work" creates itself as expression of that.  I am gradually coming to accept my process.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Main