Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What Inspires US?






Artists are all inspired by something, but we don't always remember what, specifically, inspired a piece of work. When I saw this ad for the little clay figure, I clipped it. I don't usually work like this, but I was curious about the process.

Well, as you can see, there isn't much similarity other than my cat doll carries a round shape on her head....only it is a nest with two blue birds. Even when I want to copy something, my work takes off in its own direction. What inspires you?


"Spring Marmelade" is 12" tall, and is padded and wrapped over a wire armature.


Labels: , ,


4 Comments:

Blogger mary schweitzer said...

Everything inspires me! That is why my studio is in the state it is! LOL! All kinds of images and pics and bits and things waiting to tell me what they need to be!
Mary

9:13 PM  
Blogger Artifice said...

Chaska,

I haven't visited your blog in a while. What wonderful fun art you have been creating! I love the cat doll and flower doll and your dream shrine.

Linda

1:34 PM  
Blogger Gena Lumbroso said...

THis is delightfully fun and gorgeous art à la Chaska! Never a dull moment with you :)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Sharon P Pope said...

The cat doll looks so sassy! Cute as can be! And I love her blue outfit and the bluebirds.

Santino is beautiful! :)

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main